How you can contribute
From FilipinoLa Wiki
Who should contribute?
We encourage participation from
- recent migrants from the Philippines,
- first, second, third, fourth... generation Filipino Americans,
- spouses and adopted children of Filipino Americans,
- anyone else who considers themselves part of the Filipino community.
What to contribute?
Contribute items and information related to Filipino Americans in Louisiana, including
- immigration documents,
- birth certificates,
- death certificates and obituaries,
- family tree,
- summary of events (community, historical, political, etc.),
- community newsletters,
- any other document, image, or information that adds to the story of Filipino Americans in Louisiana.
Contribute to Archive
Think of the archive as a scrapbook for images and documents.
- Contribute family photographs and documents that relate to your family.
- Contribute community document, but make sure you give credit to authors and the organization.
- Contribute obituaries.
- Contribute copyrighted material from mass media.
- Contribute professional photographs that you do not own.
- Contribute photographs that contain nudity.
Getting Started with Archive
- Explore artifacts (images and documents) in the archive.
- Identify artifacts you want to contribute.
- Request a login account.
- Read the tutorial.
Contribute to Wiki
Think of the wiki as an encyclopedia for Filipinos in Louisiana.
- Share your family's story.
- Share your community groups story.
- Create a page for your family.
- Complete stories/information that others have started.
- Research and write historical events or political actions that impacted Filipinos in Louisiana.
- Cite all of your sources. If you find information on another site, link to it. If you find it in a book, give us the publication information.
- Change information from groups you don't belong to without discussing with group members first.
Getting Started with Wiki
- Explore the wiki.
- Identify information you want to contribute.
- Read the tutorial.
- Sign-up for the wiki.