We would like to know more about what you eat, cook, and grow. The PLHS is embarking on a research project related to the foodways of Filipinos in Louisiana. If you are of Filipino ancestry and live in Louisiana, we would love to have you complete our community survey.
The survey aims to understand the relationship Filipinos in Louisiana have with Filipino food.
The survey looks to answer the following broad questions:
- What is your relationship to the Philippines and Louisiana?
- What Filipino, Louisiana, and American foods do you cook?
- How do you use dried shrimp?
- What do you grow in your home vegetable garden?
- What do eat at community gatherings?
- Which Filipino foods give you comfort?
You do not have to answer all of the questions and have the option of completing the survey anonymously. It should take you from 15-25 minutes.
The survey will result in a report that will be shared with all participants and will be available to the public through PLHS, Filipino La., and the Southern Food and Beverage Museum. The report will be the basis for further research.
Please share the survey with anyone of Filipino ancestry living in Louisiana.